In 1782 the Vienna organ maker Stefan Helmich built the Rococo organ of Maria Langegg. The instrument was transported by ship from the workshop at Ro▀au 14 (or Hahngasse 6 today) to Aggsbach Dorf. The final stretch was negotiated by ox-drawn carriage.
The instrument with its two-piece main body and choir organ recalls the south German-Austrian tradition of the Baroque period. Classicist details of the design and above all the sound produced clearly reveal that a new epoch had begun. The white-golden colouring, together with the carved choir screen, creates a very awesome spatial impression.
There are regular organ concerts at Maria Langegg.
The dates for the next concerts can be found here.