In the course of Josephinian parish regulations, Maria Langegg became an independent friars' parish in 1783 and the monastery was elevated to the status of parish church. The patron saint's feast is celebrated on the 8th September on the occasion of the feast of the "Birth of Mary".
Today the parish numbers some 400 Catholics and includes the villages of Maria Langegg, Nesselstauden/Geyersberg, Schenkenbrunn, Scheiblwies and Wolfenreith. Rev. Johannes Cornides, member of the "Community of the Beatitudes", is the priest responsible for pastoring the parish.
Since 1993, the "Community of the Beatitudes" has resided in the former Servite monastery. It is one of the new communities which arose within the Roman Catholic Church in the wake of the Second Vatican Council: www.seligpreisungen.at